Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tooth Fairy

A lost a tooth yesterday, but forgot it in his locker at school. So we wrote her a note telling her what had happened and asking her to please leave the money. A promised that he would leave the tooth for her the next night and drew a lovely picture, with lots of details and colors, of him in bed asleep and the Tooth Fairy by his bed. He carefully put the letter and picture under his pillow.

At about 11:00, I noticed that the light was on in his room. At first, I ignored it thinking he had turned on the light and gone back to sleep, but then I decided I had better check on him. The pillows were off his bed and the covers had been pulled to the floor. He was sitting cross-legged on his bedroom floor looking dejected and rubbing his eyes. I asked him what he was doing and what was the matter. He sadly replied, "She didn't come." Confused, I asked "who." He said, "the Tooth Fairy." I had completely forgotten she was supposed to come that night. I quickly explained that since I hadn't gone to bed yet, she couldn't come. That satisfied him so off he went back to bed. And the Tooth Fairy did come last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment